Gone to a place that is unknown to many...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

There is such as North Pole!

Remember my blogs about my trip in Alaska several months ago? I blogged about a road trip and few fun things we did in Alaska. However, there was one thing I did not include in these blogs. After seeing several posts about Christmas, I think I should go ahead and post something about Christmas.

What I did not include in my Alaska blogs was a city where Jon and I visited. What you see is not a joke. Immediately after Jon and I reached Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, we got to the city of North Pole. Ok, I know what's in your mind, but actually, it is about 15 miles away from Fairbanks, Alaska. If you drive in the city of North Pole, you will see Christmas theme there. There are candy-cane light poles everywhere. Jon and I decided that we should visit a post office in the city and we saw a candy cane decoration near the sign of the post office.


We then decided to visit Santa Claus House, which is right in the heart of the city. You can bet that the house gets many tourists everyday. It's just a store where there are many Christimas collectibles.


Okay, maybe you would want to ask me a silly question whether I have met Santa Claus or not. Let's put this way - I left the city with a lot of charcoals in my hands!

Should you be surprised? Nah!!!


Self-explanatory - Merry Christmas to you, my friends!

You can say that the city is a place where there is a Christmas everyday. From now on, if anyone ever tell me that there's no North Pole, I will simply shoot back and show these pictures. Maybe Santa Claus does exist? Umm, maybe. Anyway, consider this to be a holiday greeting from me and Merry Christmas to you all! :)