Gone to a place that is unknown to many...

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Where Amelia Earhart lived

WHERE EARHART LIVED: Allow me to tell you a bit about myself. I was born in Boston and grew up in Medford, Massachusetts. Some history buffs probably would already know this, but Medford is also a town where Amelia Earhart lived. In fact, her house is on the same street where I lived and grew up.

A marker of Amelia Earhart on Brooks Street


Amelia Earhart's home

My family's next-door neighbor in Medford happened to be a good friend of Amelia Earhart's sister, Muriel Earhart Morrissey. I had a privilege to meet her in our neighbor's home. She even wrote a biography book, "Amelia Earhart, my courageous sister." Not only that, but she also gave a book to my family and signed it. From what I know, Muriel died in 1998. Thus, that means she spent more than 60 years wondering what happened to her sister. Nevertheless, her book is very detailed and I really enjoy reading it!